PoliWhat Is The IPS Full Form?
IPS Full Form: Indian Police Service, intrusion prevention in-plane switching systems
IPS: Indian Police Service: The Indian Police Service is among the three All India Companies of the Authorities of India, recognized merely because the Police Service. It’s a high rated and prestigious service. The Indian Police Service was shaped in 1948, a 12 months after India’s independence.
It has changed the Indian (Imperial) Police. IPS officers are recruited by way of the Union Public Service Fee (UPSC) examination. This examination is carried out yearly and the chosen candidates select their preferences from the highest three companies IAS, IFS and IPS.
There are 4 makes an attempt to go this examination for common class candidates, 7 makes an attempt for the OBC candidates and no restriction for the SC/ST candidates. The IPS service is split into totally different departments like Crime Department, Residence Guards, Visitors Bureau and Felony Investigation Division (CID).
Education qualification to become an IPS officer
The candidate have to be graduate from an acknowledged college to use for this job. Yearly an examination is scheduled by Union Public Service Fee. That is thought-about because the hardest examination in India attributable to its excessive aggressive nature.
Height: For males 165 cms, for girls 150 cms. For SC/ST candidates and the candidates of the races like Gorkhas, Assamese, Garhwalis, ec there is some relaxation in the Minimum Height Required.
Chest: For men, the minimum chest girth required is 84 cms and for women, it is 79 cms.
Eyesight: Myopia including the cylinder should not be more than minus 4.00 D and hypermetropia including the cylinder should not be more than plus 4.00 D. The candidates with squint are directly disqualified. Spectacles are allowed.
Rules and Functions of an IPS officers
- To maintain public peace and order, crime prevention, investigation, detection, VIPs security, counter terrorism, drug trafficking, economic offences, disaster management etc.
- Lead and command the Indian Intelligence company like RAW (Analysis and Evaluation Wing), IB (Intelligence Bureau), CBI (Central Bureau of Investigation), CID ( Felony Investigation Division) and so on.
- Lead and command the Central Armed Police Force (CAPF) which includes CPO (Central Police Organization), and Central Paramilitary Forces (CPF) such as BSF (Border Security Force), CRPF (Central Reserve Police Force), NSG (National Security Guard), CISF ( Central Industrial Security Force) etc.
- To interact and serve the Ministry and department of state and central in policy making.
(ii) IPS: In-Plane Switching
In-Plane switching is used in LCDs. It is a type of screen technology which provides uniform color reproduction and greater viewing angle than traditional LCDs. It was developed by Hitachi in 1996 to overcome the limitations of the twisted Nematic (TN) display like strong viewing angle dependence and low-quality color reproduction.
Advantages of IPS
- It shows consistent, accurate color from all viewing angles.
- IPS processes high speed signals without data loss.
- It provides stable response time with clear images.
- The most important benefit of IPS is that it doesn’t lighten or show tailing when touched. So, it is best for touch screen devices such as smart phones and tablets.
Disadvantages of IPS
- It uses more power (almost 15% more) than traditional LCD screens.
- IPS displays are more costly than traditional LCDs.
- IPS display have longer response time than normal LCDs.
(iii) IPS : Intrusion Prevention System
Intrusion Prevention System is a network security or threat prevention appliance which is used to monitor network and system activities for malicious activity. It is also called Intrusion Detection and Prevention System (IDPS).
IPS can take immediate action after an attacker gains access. It can drop a packet that it finds to be malicious and block all further traffic from that port or IP address.