What Is The ISO Full Form |
ISO Full Form: International Organization for Standardization – ISO is an independent, non-governmental, non-profitable, worldwide organization that develops and publishes international standards. It provides a standard for products and services. These standards are accepted worldwide and provide a surety that the products and services are safe, reliable and of good quality.
ISO is the world’s largest developer of voluntary worldwide requirements. It is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland and the official languages are English, French and Russian. It has 165 Member States worldwide as national standard bodies.
Note: According to ISO, 00 “ISO is not an abbreviation. It is a word derived from the Greek word isos, meaning equal.
What Is ISO DOS
ISO provides world-class specifications for safety, quality and efficiency for products, services and systems.
There are more than 19500 international standards published by ISO, wheat covers each industry, technology, food safety, agriculture and health care.
In 1946, representatives from 25 countries at the Institute of Civil Engineers in London decided to set up an international organization to facilitate international coordination and integration of industrial standards. ISO was established in February 1947 and officially began its operation.
- What Is The AM PM Full Form
- What Is The IBPS Full Form
- What Is The BSc Full Form
- What Is The MD Full Form
There are more than 19500 international standards published by ISO, which cover every industry such as technology, food safety, agriculture and health care.
This is a list of popular standards of the international organization:
- ISO 9000: It is used for standardization of quality management.
- ISO 10012: It is used to measure the management system.
- ISO 14000: It is used for standardization of environmental management.
- ISO 19011: It provides a guideline for audit management system.
- ISO 2768-1: It is used to provide a standard for general tolerance.
- ISO 31000: This is a standard for risk management.
- ISO 50001: This is a standard for energy management.
- ISO 4217: It’s used for standardization of foreign money codes.